FCA regulation of insurance brokers - half day
This course highlights what FCA conduct and prudential
regulation means for brokers. Many of the risks remain the same,
but the FCA's proactive and pre-emptive philosophy is very
different to its predecessor. The course explores the FCA's ideas
towards conduct risk both from its published intentions and from
the perspective of priorities like treating customers fairly (TCF)
and financial crime. It also identifies the key areas of focus
within a broker's prudential risk. Firms will need to ensure that
their risk horizons are no less than the FCA requirements and that
their responses are robust and proportionate.
- FCA objectives and differentiating between consumer protection
and market integrity
- The FCA's three supervision pillars, with examples
- Understanding what a 'business model' is and the current
challenges to it
- Culture and strategy
- Threshold Condition 4 and appropriate resources
- Updates on existing regulatory themes, from the perspective of
conduct and prudential risk - TCF, transparency and disclosure,
- Significant influence functions - wider and more explicit
- Disclosure and Representations Act
- Looking forward... IMD2.
- Revise the aim and objectives of the FCA
- Explain the structure and approach of the FCA supervision model
and suggest examples
- Determine the elements of a broker's prudential risk and the
expectations for how it is managed
- Explore the key strands on which the FCA will focus: the
business model; strategy; culture and product
- Review existing regulatory themes
- Recognise the implications for approved persons in significant
Who should attend?
Staff working in compliance, operations and significant
Attendance of this course awards up to 3 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0