Introduction to underwriting risk assessment -
one day course
This course will provide a more in-depth look at how risk is
assessed and managed by insurers. It will help delegates to see how
risks can be improved with consequent improvements in insurance
terms. It will also provide knowledge of underwriting methods and
how surveying affects the overall rating.
- Risk management and risk transfer
- How insurers assess risk and the tools they use
- How risk assessment affects decisions on underwriting
- Typical methods employed by underwriters
- Presenting risks to insurers
- Pricing and its relationship to underwriting
- Risk surveying and reporting
- Risk improvements required or desirable.
At the end of this course you will:
- Understand more about risk and the way risk is transferred and
- Gain insights into how underwriters assess risk and rate
- Become more aware of surveying methods and how they affect
- Understand more about working with insurers to obtain the best
outcomes for the client.
Who should attend?
This course is for those who wish to know more about
underwriting and the assessment of risk.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD hours where you
consider it relevant to your professional development needs.
Regional venues sold out!
Scheduled regional dates for this course have now sold out,
please keep checking the website for updates to availability. Dates
are added subject to demand and can also be run in-house for
London venues sold out!
Scheduled London dates for this course have now sold out, please
keep checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are
added subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate