Intermediate risk management - theory and
practice - one day course
This introductory course outlines the important issues
surrounding risk management and seeks to improve knowledge and
understanding of the many factors that might increase an
organisation's exposure to risk.
- What is risk management?
- What is the need for a risk manager in the present day business
- What is the role of a risk manager?
- What do others expect of the risk manager?
- Health and safety issues
- Detecting risk
- Risk analysis techniques
- Obtaining data
- Statistical analysis
- Risk mapping
- Maximum or probable loss analysis
- Hazard and operability studies
- Risk retention - incentives for this strategy
- Risk financing - threats and opportunities
- Business continuity strategies
- The future of the discipline of risk management
- Growing challenges facing the risk manager.
At the end of the course you will have:
- Gained an insight into risk management
- Obtained knowledge from an experienced risk manager
- Gained an understanding of the growing challenges facing the
Who should attend?
Anyone working within, or who has a wish to gain specialist
knowledge of risk management.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD hours where you
consider it relevant to your professional development needs.
Regional venues sold out!
Scheduled regional dates for this course have now sold out,
please keep checking the website for updates to availability. Dates
are added subject to demand and can also be run in-house for
London venues sold out!
Scheduled London dates for this course have now sold out, please
keep checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are
added subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate