Introduction to marine reinsurance - one day
The course gives an overview of marine reinsurance, the types of
reinsurance that can be purchased and how they are placed and
priced in reinsurance programmes.
- What is marine reinsurance and why insurers purchase this form
- The types of proportional and non-proportional marine
- The types of cover granted and excluded risks
- How marine reinsurance is arranged in a programme of cover and
the thought process behind this
- Placing marine reinsurance
- Monitoring of aggregates and catastophe monitoring
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the need for marine reinsurance
- Understanding the types of reinsurance and how they can be
- Understand the rating of marine reinsurances.
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs an overview of marine reinsurance and how this
class of reinsurance is arranged. It is suitable for both
underwriting and broker staff.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate