Introduction to marine insurance - half day
This course is designed to introduce delegates to the
fundamentals of marine insurance, covering the type of risks
defined as marine and the markets available.
- Overview of basic insurance terminology and concepts such as
insurable interest highlighting the key differences between marine
and non-marine insurance in certain areas
- Why the Marine Insurance Act is unique, and introduction to
some of the key sections
- What risks are defined as marine?
- What types of business does marine insurance
- Who purchases marine insurance and why?
- Where marine risks are insured and how the various different
types of insurers fit together
- How the mix of insurers changed over the last ten years.
At the end of the course you will have:
- Gained an understanding of the basics of marine insurance and
the various types of risks included within this
- Gained an overview of the various markets available
- Obtained maximum benefit from experienced market
- Obtained an extensive overview of the marine business and the
Who should attend?
Anyone who is new to marine insurance. No experience necessary
although some general knowledge of insurance would be helpful.
Attendance of this course awards up to 3 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate