Introduction to hull and yacht
insurance - half day course (morning)
This course is designed to introduce delegates to the basics of
marine hull and yacht insurance.
- The types of craft that can be insured under a hull
- Differences between shipowners and charterers
- The main differences between hull risks and yacht
- What are the key points that underwriters will be considering
in relation to each type of risk?
- Where are the main yacht and hull insurers, and are they the
- Review of the main London market hull and yacht clauses and
comparison with the main international clauses (German, Norwegian,
- Link between hull and liability coverages (protection and
- Overview of the legal regimes that impact on the shipping
- Builders' risks insurance
- Types of claim that commonly arise
- Loss prevention
At the end of the course you will have:
- Gained an understanding of both hull and yacht risks and the
significant differences between them
- Gained maximum benefit from experienced market
- Obtained extensive introductory knowledge of hull and yacht
insurance and the related terminology.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is new to hull insurance. No experience necessary
although some general knowledge of marine insurance would be
Attendance of this course awards up to 3 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate