Intermediate marine liability - two day
This course is designed to develop and explore the current
issues around marine liability insurance.
Day one - Cargo related liabilities
- Law of carriage of goods
- Who the various parties are
- Carriers' liability insurance for ship
- Insurance for freight forwarders
- Goods in transit insurance
- Claims handling.
Day 2 - Other liabilities
- What other maritime related liabilities can arise and who might
- Shipowner liabilities (other than cargo)
- Charterers' liabilities
- Shipbuilders/ship repairers
- Marina operators
- Terminal operators
- Insurance available
- Claims handling and recoveries.
At the end of this programme you will have:
- Developed your understanding of liability, how it can arise in
a maritime context and how insurance can protect the
- Gained an insight into what coverage is available for marine
liabilities and how best to manage claims under liability
Who should attend?
Anyone working within this area wanting to develop their
knowledge and expertise including brokers and insurers, as well as
junior lawyers. It is also suitable for those aspiring to move into
this area of insurance. Some prior knowledge of the concept of
legal liabilities would be beneficial.
Attendance of this course awards up to 12 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Scheduled dates for this course have now sold out, please keep
checking the website for updates to availability. Dates are added
subject to demand and can also be run in-house for corporate