Intermediate marine claims - two day
This course explores the types of cover provided under standard
hull, loss of hire and cargo claims, helping delegates practically
manage the claims process, including their adjustment.
Day one - Hull and loss of hire:
- Refresh on perils covered, exclusions and burden of
- Types of loss
- Law of collision, salvage and general average
- Casualty management
- Insurer options to manage and influence repairs
- Adjustment under hull and LOH policies.
Day two - Cargo:
- Refresh of perils covered, exclusions and burden of proof
- Types of loss
- How salvage and GA impact on cargo
- Cargo position in a marine casualty
At the end of this programme you will have:
- Gained an appreciation for the type of cover provided under
standard hull, loss of hire and cargo claims
- Developed an understanding of the practical management of
claims and fundamentals of adjustment to those claims, including
collision and general average.
Who should attend?
Claims practitioners working for brokers or insurers, as well as
junior lawyers handling maritime work. Some prior knowledge of the
cover available under the standard hull, loss of hire and cargo
wordings would be beneficial.
Attendance of this course awards up to 12 CPD
hours where you consider it relevant to your
professional development needs.
Select the arrow on the right, next to the displayed currency to show the price in your preferred currency. Please note that this is only a guide and all payments are currently taken in Pound Sterling (£ GBP) only.
Guide exchange rate 0