Insurance buyers have never been more demanding. Good service is
the new minimum. Excellent service is required by anyone wanting to
distinguish their offer from the competition.
There's even a regulatory imperative - good service standards
are integral to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
The latest CII exam unit '(IF9) Customer service in insurance'
provides a new way for customer facing staff to meet these
Who is it for?
- New starters to the industry
- Customer facing staff or those looking to move into these
- Sales support and claims settlement staff within intermediaries
- Companies looking to evidence TCF
What does it offer?
The unit can be studied on its own as a standalone course, or as
part of studies towards the Certificate in Insurance.
It will help build an understanding of the skills required,
- Fulfilling customer requirements
- Maintaining and building client relationship
- The importance of keeping accurate and confidential
- Managing workload and time to meet business requirements
- The main regulatory and legal requirements
The full syllabus can be viewed within the syllabus section.
Successful completion awards 15 Certificate-level credits in the
CII qualifications framework.
CII members passing this unit as part of their route towards
completion of the Certificate in Insurance can use the designation
'Cert CII (Customer Service)'.
What does it involve?
A 90 minute 'online' (multiple choice questions) exam.
The available study text covers the course syllabus in concise
sections, backed up by RevisionMate, a free online study support
tool. This can be purchased through the unit shop page by selecting
IF9 under 'Certificate in Insurance units'.
Visit the IF9 shop page »