- Examinations are based on the published syllabus. Syllabuses
are available free of charge on the CII website www.cii.co.uk or on request.
- Candidates will be examined on the basis of law and practice in
England unless otherwise stated.
- The LM1 examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions
(MCQs). 1 hour is allowed for this examination.
- The LM2 examination consists of 55 multiple choice questions
(MCQs) and 4 case studies, each comprising 5 MCQs. 2 hours are
allowed for this examination.
- The general rule is that legislative and industry changes will
not be examined earlier than 3 months after they come into
- Candidates must keep up to date with legislative and industry
changes that occur
Financial Services Authority:
As of 1 April 2013, the Financial Services Authority became two
separate regulatory bodies: the Financial Conduct Authority and the
Prudential Regulation Authority. Examinations will be
reflective of this change from 1 September 2013.