This unit is tested by coursework assessment which includes a study text, with updates, and the marking of a series of assignments.
Candidates must complete and pass three written assignments, including any re-sits, during the 12 month enrolment period to achieve a pass in the unit. Assignments are each up to 3,200 words in length and candidates must score a minimum of 50% in each.
Marking of assignments is included with the study text enrolment fee (there is no need to purchase an exam entry for this unit). Should a candidate fail an assignment, a re-submission fee will apply.
Find out more at www.cii.co.uk/coursework
• To get the most out of your enrolment please make sure we have an up-to-date valid email address for you. This will allow you to receive valuable reminders and additional information about your enrolment. If you're a new customer, please make sure you provide your email address when enrolling for coursework. If you're already registered with the CII, you can check we have the correct details at www.cii.co.uk/myCII
ebooks are compatible with most portable electronic devices including Android and Windows tablets/smart phones, Kindles and iPads/iPhones. They can also be viewed on desktop and laptop computers using appropriate EPUB/Kindle reader software (required).
- ebooks are not pdf files and cannot be printed.
- the reading experience will depend on the portable device used or the reading software installed, if viewed on a computer.
An ebook provides the same benefits as the the printed study text, with the same enrolment period, updates to content and access to RevisionMate. The cost (incl.VAT) is the same as the equivalent printed study text.
Additional benefits include:
- Portability - study on the move and when using a printed study text isn't practical
- Reduced paper use - paperless study reduces your impact on the environment
- No postage fee - ebooks are delivered electronically through RevisionMate
- Fast delivery - we aim for same day delivery for orders before midday Monday to Friday(customers receive an email to confirm their ebook is ready to download).
Depending on the device used, ebook features can include:
- Annotation tools - these include the ability to add notes to pages and highlight key points
- Easy navigation - interactive contents page and search function help you pinpoint content
- Quick web link access - related articles and resources can be accessed with a single click
- In-built dictionary - definitions for unfamiliar words
- Read-aloud - available on supporting devices, allowing increased accessibility.
Sample chapter download
To check that the file formats are compatible with your device/chosen e-reader software prior to purchase, click on the link below to download a free sample.
• Free sample chapters
Non-EU candidates should note: if buying this option from outside the EU, you will be charged a fee without VAT. The price you will see throughout the web checkout process will be inclusive of VAT, however if you are outside the EU, your card will be charged the 'ex VAT' price and this will be reflected in the receipt you receive when payment is complete.