Sixty CII local institutes cover the United Kingdom. These local
hubs provide dedicated career support for members in the locality.
The programme of support varies across local institutes according
to the demands of its members, but typically includes:
- An extensive range of CPD seminars and workshops covering
technical and industry related topics, typically free of charge
(where a fee is payable these are significantly below standard
market rates). Examples of recent topics include: commercial
claims, Solvency II, risk management, professional indemnity and
- Access to 'soft' and business skills sessions to provide
essential non-technical support in your career, the majority of
which are free of charge. Recent courses have included:
presentation skills, marketing techniques, motivation techniques
and communication skills.
- Social and business networking events.
- Guidance on exam techniques and revision courses for members
studying towards CII qualifications.
- Specialist interest groups for young professionals.
- Regular member updates including a twice-yearly
- The opportunity to become involved with running your local
- Local exam centres.
Find out more
about the specifics of the network »