Available to Advanced Diploma and Fellowship holders with at
least five years' industry experience (not necessarily post
The four available Chartered titles reflect career specialism:
Chartered Insurer; Chartered Insurance Broker; Chartered Insurance
Practitioner; Chartered Insurance Risk Manager.
Chartered member benefits
- Eligible to use a Chartered title, which has
been acknowledged in authoritative consumer research as the most
recognized and respected professional titles, further enhancing the
standing of the holder.
- Access to CII Knowledge Services: an online
knowledge library (supplemented by a physical library in London)
that provides unrivalled access to insurance and finance services
material. Includes an archive of exam guides including model
answers for written exams.
- Membership of a local institute: providing
access to a comprehensive programme of CPD courses typically
covering technical training, business and soft skills, and revision
courses plus business and social networking events.
- CII member CPD scheme for qualified members:
providing a practical framework for ensuring professional
development is addressed in a structured and compliant way.
- Free-to-join faculties (Claims, Underwriting, Insurance
Broking, Learning & Development, Life & Pensions and
Mortgage): supporting members' sector and discipline
specific personal career development needs.
- Substantial discounts: on a range of services
including face-to-face training courses
- Member magazine: the Journal, covering
technical, market, regulatory, UK and international insurance
- Free Chartered legal helpline: telephone
access to qualified lawyers in specialty areas