The CII has four general insurance faculties to encourage and
promote professionalism: Claims, Underwriting, Insurance Broking
and Learning & Development. Additionally there are faculties
for life & pensions and mortgages.
You pick up technical details in your field
Membership of a faculty is free to members and provides:
- Access to a range of career-enhancing CPD activity
including face-to-face events, online broadcasts, webinars,
roundtables and articles.
- Guidance on, and analysis of, technical, regulatory, political
and legal developments.
- Sharing of best practice to enhance levels of competence and
standards of professionalism.
- Access to faculty-commissioned, topical research reports and
- Regular faculty-specific e-bulletins and technical reports
- Discounts and/or access to partnership events, conferences,
exhibitions and publications
- Faculty-specific career pathways and competency frameworks
- Exchange of ideas, views and best practice via social
- New Generation Groups programme - cross-faculty initiative
supporting the retention of talent and the development of
For more information on faculties and how they operate, visit