The CII has a range of specialist faculties designed to serve
individual members personal career development needs. Each faculty
provides a specialist forum to encourage and promote progression to
qualified status and the maintenance of good practice, the highest
standards of competence, expertise and professionalism for staff at
Faculties provide members with access to market-relevant CPD be
that technical and market-issues based articles, analysis,
research, reports, face to face and online events, seminars and
professional and career-path based guidance.
Faculty benefits and mission statement
The following video explains the benefits offered by CII Faculty
membership. Ant Gould (director, CII Faculties) discusses the
Faculties' mission statement and how this is realised by technical
resources, networking opportunities and CPD support.
Faculty membership provides you with a wide range of tailored
information and services to support you in your role and raise
standards of competence and levels of professionalism.
- Access to a range of highly targeted, relevant and
career-enhancing CPD offerings from face to face events, to online
broadcasts, webinars, roundtables, articles and more.
- Guidance on, and analysis of, faculty-relevant technical,
regulatory, political and legal developments
- Sharing of best practice to enhance levels of competence and
standards of professionalism
- Access to faculty-commissioned and highly relevant research
reports and analysis
- Regular faculty-specific e-bulletins and technical reports
- Discounts and/or access to relevant faculty-supported
partnership events, conferences, exhibitions and publications both
on and offline
- Faculty-specific career pathways and competency frameworks
- Exchange of ideas, views and best practice via dedicated social
There are presently four general insurance faculties:
In addition there is also:
CII membership allows you to join one faculty, for free, which
can support you
in your particular area of practice be it for example underwriting,
claims or insurance broking.
Join a faculty now by contacting Customer Service on firstname.lastname@example.org
Ant Gould, director
of faculties, CII email@example.com