This subject gateway aims to supply links to some of the resources on equality and diversity increasingly available to members via Knowledge Services. It is not intended to be exhaustive, but highlights popular content and recent additions.
- The dynamics of managing diversity: a critical approach. Gill Kirton and Anne Marie Greene. Routledge, 2015.
- Diversity in the workforce: current issues and emerging trends. Marilyn Y. Byrd and Chaunda L. Scott. Routledge, 2014.
- Recognizing women's leadership: Strategies and best practices for employing excellence. Tiffani Lennon. Praeger, 2014.
- Uncertainty, diversity and the common good: changing norms and new leadership paradigms. Stefan Gröschl. Gower, 2013.
- Equality, diversity and opportunity management: costs, strategies and leadership. Tony Morden. Routledge, 2013.
- The human equity advantage: beyond diversity to talent optimization. Trevor Wilson. Jossey-Bass, 2013.
- A short guide to equality risk. Tony Morden. Gower, 2011.
- Statistics as a basis for discrimination in the insurance business. Margarida Lima Rego. Law, Probability & Risk. Jun2015, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p119-134. 16p.
- Diversity trends, practices, and challenges in the financial services industry. Sandra K. Miller and James J Tucker III. Journal of Financial Service Professionals. Nov2013, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p46-57. 12p.
- Gender equality as smart economics? A critique of the 2012 World Development Report. Adrienne Roberts and Susanne Soederberg. Third World Quarterly. Jun2012, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p949-968. 20p.
- The efficiency of categorical discrimination in insurance markets. Casey Rothschild. Journal of Risk & Insurance. Jun2011, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p267-285.
Fact files, reports and guidance
- Words of wisdom from women to watch. Business Insurance. Wiley. 2017.
- Corporate social responsability and discrimination gender bias in personnel selection. Christina Keinert-Kisin. Switzerland: Springer Nature, 2016.
- Inclusive talent management: how business can thrive in an age of diversity. Danny Kalman, Stephen Frost. London: Kogan Page, 2016.
- Overcoming challenges to gender equality in the workplace: leadership and innovation. Patricia M Flynn, et al. Greenleaf Publications, 2016.
- The diversity advantage: fixing the gender inequality in the workplace. Ruchika Tulshyan. 2016.
- What works: Gender equality by design. Iris Bohnet. Harvard University Press, 2016.
- Women in insurance: Making the breakthrough. David Worsfold. Post Magazine, 18 February 2016, pp 18-20. 3p.
- How do unisex rating regulations affect gender differences in insurance premiums? Vijay Asservatham et al. Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice. Jan2016, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p128-160. 33p.
- Insurance census 2017: Diversity isn't coming quick enough. Insurance POST in association with the Chartered Insurance Institute. March 2017.
- Insurance census 2015: Minority report. Mairi MacDonald. Post Magazine, 26 March 2015, pp. 22-25. 4p.
- Insurance census 2015: Just a number? Mairi MacDonald. Post Magazine, 19 March 2015, pp. 16-19. 4p.
- Insurance census 2015: Mind the gap. Mairi MacDonald. Post Magazine, 12 March 2015, pp. 22-27. 6p.
- Insurance census 2013: Background check. Leigh Jackson. Post Magazine, 21 February 2013, pp 16-20. 5p.
- Insurance census 2013: The generation game. Leigh Jackson. Post Magazine, 14 February 2013, pp 14-18. 5p.
- Insurance census 2013: Battle of the sexes? Leigh Jackson. Post Magazine, 7 February 2013, pp 18-22. 5p.
- Unisex insurance pricing: consumer's perception and market implications. Hato Schmeiser. Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p322-350. 29p.
- Special report: Diversity. Strategic Risk. Autumn 2015 pp. 23-26. 3p.
* You can borrow up to 6 books at a time for 28 days (renewable). To borrow any of these books, please call the library on 0207 417 3574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Access further details on our lending service here.
** Please contact email@example.com should you wish to receive via email a copy of any of the above articles. Please note, under UK Copyright Law the number of copies we are able to email is restricted to one article per issue per member. Also, charges apply.