Links to resources on equality and diversity.
- Statistics as a basis for discrimination in the insurance business. Margarida Lima Rego. Law, Probability & Risk. Jun2015, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p119-134. 16p.
- Diversity trends, practices, and challenges in the financial services industry. Sandra K. Miller and James J Tucker III. Journal of Financial Service Professionals. Nov2013, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p46-57. 12p.
- Gender equality as smart economics? A critique of the 2012 World Development Report. Adrienne Roberts and Susanne Soederberg. Third World Quarterly. Jun2012, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p949-968. 20p.
- The efficiency of categorical discrimination in insurance markets. Casey Rothschild. Journal of Risk & Insurance. Jun2011, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p267-285.
Reports, trade articles, interviews, and guidance
- Words of wisdom from women to watch. Business Insurance. Wiley. 2017.
- Corporate social responsability and discrimination gender bias in personnel selection. Christina Keinert-Kisin. Switzerland: Springer Nature, 2016.
- Inclusive talent management: how business can thrive in an age of diversity. Danny Kalman, Stephen Frost. London: Kogan Page, 2016.
- Overcoming challenges to gender equality in the workplace: leadership and innovation. Patricia M Flynn, et al. Greenleaf Publications, 2016.
- The diversity advantage: fixing the gender inequality in the workplace. Ruchika Tulshyan. 2016.
- What works: Gender equality by design. Iris Bohnet. Harvard University Press, 2016.
- Women in insurance: Making the breakthrough. David Worsfold. Post Magazine, 18 February 2016, pp 18-20. 3p.
- How do unisex rating regulations affect gender differences in insurance premiums? Vijay Asservatham et al. Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice. Jan2016, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p128-160. 33p.
- Insurance census 2017: Diversity isn't coming quick enough. Insurance POST in association with the Chartered Insurance Institute. March 2017.
- Insurance census 2015: Minority report. Mairi MacDonald. Post Magazine, 26 March 2015, pp. 22-25. 4p.
- Insurance census 2015: Just a number? Mairi MacDonald. Post Magazine, 19 March 2015, pp. 16-19. 4p.
- Insurance census 2015: Mind the gap. Mairi MacDonald. Post Magazine, 12 March 2015, pp. 22-27. 6p.
- Insurance census 2013: Background check. Leigh Jackson. Post Magazine, 21 February 2013, pp 16-20. 5p.
- Insurance census 2013: The generation game. Leigh Jackson. Post Magazine, 14 February 2013, pp 14-18. 5p.
- Insurance census 2013: Battle of the sexes? Leigh Jackson. Post Magazine, 7 February 2013, pp 18-22. 5p.
- Unisex insurance pricing: consumer's perception and market implications. Hato Schmeiser. Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice. Apr2014, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p322-350. 29p.
- Special report: Diversity. Strategic Risk. Autumn 2015 pp. 23-26. 3p.
* Members located anywhere in Europe can borrow up to 10 books at a time for 28 days (renewable). To borrow any of these books, please call the library on 0207 417 3574 or email email@example.com. Access further details on our lending service here.
** Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to receive via email a copy of any of the above articles. Please note, under UK Copyright Law the number of copies we are able to email is restricted to one article per issue per member. Also, charges may apply for copies for commercial purposes.