This subject gateway aims to supply links to some of the
resources on behavioural economics increasingly available to
members via the CII Library. It is not intended to be
exhaustive, but highlights popular content and recent
Behavioural risk management: managing the psycology that drives
decisions and influences operational risk. Hersh Shefrin.
Basingstoke: Palgrave MacMillam, 2016.
Handbook of reserach on behavioural finance and investment
strategies: decision making in the financial industry. Zeynep
Copur. Hersey: Business Science Reference, 2015.
The practice of behavioural strategy. T K Das. Charlotte:
Information Age Publishing, 2015.
People risk management: a practical approach to managing the human
factors that could harm your business. Keith Blacker, Patrick
McConnell. Philadelphia: Kogan Page, 2015.
- The Oxford handbook of behavioural economics and
the law. Doron Teichman, Eyal Zamir. Oxford University Press,
- Behavioural finance and capital markets. How
psychology influences investors and corporations. Adam Syzszka.
Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
- Behavioural finance: understanding the social,
cognitive and economic debates. Edwin Burton. Wiley,
- Behavioural economics and finance. Michelle
Baddeley. Routledge, 2013.
- Capital market anomalies: explained by human
irrationality. Irini Varvouzou. Anchos, 2013.
Insurance and behavioural economics: improving decisions in the
most misunderstood industry. Howard Kunreuther et al. Cambridge
University Press, 2012.
Access all eBooks on this
What you need to know about constant risk aversion. John E
Grable, Swarn Chatterjee. Journal of Financial Service
Professionals. Sep2016, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p16-18. 3p.
- The impact of behavioural economics on retirement
plans. Rob Austin. Benefits Quaterly. 2013 Third
Quarter, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p25-32. 8p.
- The relation between regulatory pressure and
insurer risk taking. Wen Chang Lin. Journal of
Risk & Insurance. Jun2014, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p271-301.
- Risk aversion, risk behaviour, and demand for
insurance: a survey. Journal of insurance issues.
Fall2014, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p158-186. 29p.
- Behavioural insurance: theory an experiments.
Andreas Richter, et al. Journal of risk and
uncertainty. Apr2014, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p85-96.
Access all scholarly articles on this
CII Lectures and factfiles
CII factfiles are concise, easy to digest but technically dense
resources designed to enrich the knowledge of members. Covering
general insurance, life and pensions and financial services
sectors, the factfile collection includes key industry topics
as well as less familiar or specialist areas with information
drawn together in a way not available
Members can borrow up to 6 books during 28 days (renewable). To
borrow any of these books, please call the library on 0207 417 3574
or email email@example.com. Access further details on
our lending service here.
- Misbehaving: the making of behaviourla econimics, Richard
Thaler. London: Penguin Books, 2015.
- 50 economic ideas you need to know. Edmund Conway. Quercus,
- Behavioural finance. William Forbes. Wiley, 2009.
- Behavioural investing. James Montier. Wiley, 2007.
- The little book on behavioural investing: how not to be your
own worst enemy. James Montier. Wiley, 2010.