Shortlist for the CII's annual Public Interest Awards has been revealed. The awards, now in their third year, cover a wide variety of categories in customer service, journalism, corporate social responsibility and PR. All entries were judged by a panel of experts examining how individuals, teams and organisations have demonstrated that they do the most to educate, inform and benefit buyers of personal and commercial insurance in the UK.
David Ross, director of communications at the CII, said:
"Insurance is about so much more than providing products - it is about underpinning the economic and social fabric of society - from offering protection against flooding through to starting up a new business. These awards are about shining a light on the work of professionals working within insurance that have gone above and beyond the day job; and recognises the campaigns, projects and individuals that have demonstrated a real commitment to driving change for the benefit of wider society."
Ant Gould, chair of the judging panel commented:
"The judges were very impressed with the quality of the entries this year and all those that have been shortlisted should be justly proud of their achievements. They all demonstrate the insurance profession at its very best, going above and beyond, to educate, inform and ultimately benefit consumers of personal and commercial insurance in the UK and wider society."
Last year's awards included winners such as AXA, Allianz, RSA and Zurich. The winners of the 2016 awards will be announced at a prestigious ceremony on the 21st of April 2016 at Christ Church Spitalfields in London.
Best Campaign in the Public Interest - Public Relations/Public Affairs
- Ageas UK - Making Road Safety Pay Campaign
- Axa Business - Insurance Everyone Makes Mistakes
- Cornish Mutual - FarmSafe Campaign
Best Campaign in the Public Interest - Business to Business
- Aviva - Risk Management Bulletins
- Legal & General - State of the Nation's SMEs Research Campaign
Best Campaign in the Public Interest - Press
- Incisive Media Insurance Division - The Insurance Debate - Professionalism
- Insurance Times - The Fraud Charter
Best Customer Service Initiative - Insurer
- Allianz Insurance - 2015 Hailstorms
- Axa Insurance - Digital Claims Transformation Programme
- Axa PPP Healthcare - Holistic Approach to Healthcare
- Covea Insurance - Traumatic Claims Response
Best Customer Service Initiative - Broker
- Ladbrook Insurance and Hiscox Underwriting - Community Libraries
- Launch Insurance Brokers - Dedication to clients - sports insurance
Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative
- Ecclesiastical - Tunnel2Towers - our friends in the floods
- Lloyd's - Lloyd's Community Programme
- Pool Reinsurance Company - Age UK partnership
Promoting the Profession - Careers
- Axa Business Insurance - Supporting Scotland's Youth
- Glasgow Caledonian University - Why choose an insurance career? A pilot study of University Student's preferences
- Lloyd's Marine Under 35's Group - Introduction to the Marine & Energy Market
Promoting the Profession - Professionalism
- Advocacy by Consent - Evolve Broker Training Programme - professionalism profit protection
- Mills & Reeve - Risk & Retain - how to reduce risk and retain relationships
- Thomas Carroll Group - #ChooseChartered Campaign
Voice of the Customer
This special award will be given on the night, to an individual from outside the insurance industry, who has shown a consistent commitment to benefitting customers by educating them about insurance issues, or by championing the customer's perspective.
This award will be given on the night, to an individual from inside the insurance industry, who has made a significant impact by championing the issue of public interest, either amongst internal staff or across the profession as a whole.