CII Prior Learning Accreditation signifies that the programmes and assessments are of an equivalent standard to CII examinations. Participants successfully completing these programmes are eligible to claim CII prior learning credits, ensuring a faster-track completion of CII qualifications through avoiding duplication of learning.
These programmes each contain a defined learning programme and formal examinations that meet CII standards. As CII Prior Learning Accreditation is subject to annual review these programmes continue to meet CII Prior Learning Accreditation standards.
Candidates successfully completing these programmes should contact their Learning & Development team for information on claiming CII credits.
Once the programme has been awarded prior learning accreditation, successful candidates may be eligible to claim credits that can be used towards completing CII qualifications, providing a faster route to qualification completion.
Accreditation is awarded when a formal review confirms that the programme meets the standards of CII examinations. The key areas reviewed are the programmes:
By evaluating your training programme and benchmarking against CII exam standards we can support you in developing a programme that meets your business objectives, including raising professionalism and increasing attainment of professional qualifications.
This will help achieve and maintain consistency of standards of training provision and assessment across the organisation.
- A fast track and cost effective solution for employees to achieve professional qualifications - encouraging professionalism and supporting career development
- Reduces the time and cost associated with duplication of study
- Provides evidence of commitment to attaining industry recognised standards supporting recruitment and retention and meeting customer needs
- Promotes and underpins best practice within an organisation or training team - encouraging innovation and excellence and promoting professionalism and professional qualifications
- Supports a structured training pathway for retaining employees
(Click on the image to enlarge)
||Stage 1 Detailed review of the learning objectives, training content and assessment materials.
|Stage 2 Training observation, interviews and review of evaluation methodology.
|Stage 3 Benchmarking and measurement against standards.
|Stage 4 CII qualifications, examinations and assessment committee review and sign-off.
|Stage 5 Written confirmation of decision and feedback (certification if successful).
|Stage 6 Annual/ongoing review work.
Prior Learning Accreditation standards
A company's in-house training programme can help employees attain recognised CII qualifications. The fees will reflect the scope of the work involved. Indicative fees are outlined in the table below.
||£12,500 - £20,000
||£15,000 - £25,000
||£17,500 - £30,000
N.B. Accreditation is subject to annual review. The annual review fee is c. 40-60% of the initial accreditation fee, payable on an annual basis for the duration of the accreditation.
Upon successful achievement
On successful achievement of prior learning accreditation CII offers the programme manager:
- A certificate signifying that the programme meets CII prior learning accreditation standards
- 'CII accredited' logo for use on collateral related to the accredited
programme(s), e.g. attendance certificates
- The option of adding the accredited programme details to the CII website
- A written report highlighting the areas of good practice and development areas identified during the review
- Ongoing support with the development of the programme through annual reviews
- Assistance with publicising the successful achievement (internally and in the industry press)
- Successful candidates are awarded credits into the CII qualification framework.
How to apply
Please contact CII Accreditation Services on +44 (0)20 7397 1112 or email@example.com
View companies whose training programmes have achieved CII Prior Learning Accreditation »